According to a new market research report published by Acute Market Reports, “Optoelectronics Market – Growth, Future Prospects, and Competitive Landscape, 2019 -2027”, the optoelectronics market was valued at US$ 4.57 Bn in the year 2018 and expected to reach US$ 11.84 Bn by the year 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 11.2% during the forecast from 2019 to 2027.
“Rising Trend for Renewable Energy expected to spur the Optoelectronics Demand over the Forecast Period”
Photonics and optoelectronics are the key enablers for the digitalization, IoT, artificial intelligence, big data, automation, and other megatrends of the era. Therefore, optoelectronics is the most prominently growing sector in the semiconductor industry and expected to continue the same trend in the coming years. In addition, forthcoming disruptions in the optical industry predicted to shape future trends in the optoelectronics and photonics industry. It is believed that only 20% of the light technology potential has been revealed and many more are expected to come in near future. The global photonics market stood US$ 666 Bn in 2018 and anticipated to grow at a steady pace.
Moreover, the rising preference for solar energy for electricity generation has also accelerated the optoelectronics market at a rapid pace. Besides the above, the complexity of optoelectronic devices while integrating it with other devices coupled with high initial cost may hinder the market growth. Nonetheless, its alluring benefits overcome its disadvantages such as high bandwidth, low power consumption, and lower current value required for its operation.
The global optoelectronics market seeks high competition attributed to new product launch, on-going research, regional expansion, and product up-gradation. In addition, market players are also focused on strategic alliance and merger, acquisition to strengthen their market position.
• On November 09, 2018, Solid State PLC acquired Pacer Technologies Ltd., a display and optoelectronics specialist. The acquisition helps the company in enhancing its exposure to the niche medical market. Furthermore, the acquisition enabled the company to design & manufacture the products on its own by using recent investment by Pacer Technologies Ltd.
Key Market Movements:
• Globally, the optoelectronics market projected to witness a CAGR of 11.2% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027
• The LED segment dominated the global optoelectronics market in 2018 with maximum revenue share. A prominent application of LED in display units and ICs has uplifted its demand in the present market status.
• Escalating use of industrial lasers along with rising investment in LiDAR technology has triggered the growth in laser diode demand
• Consumer electronics segment held significant market revenue share in 2018 owing to increasing application of photodetectors, LEDs, and image sensors in display screens, cameras, and different wearable electronics
• The Asia Pacific seeks lucrative growth over the forecast period due to the fastest-growing consumer electronics market
• North America and Europe garnered prominent market share in the year 2018 attributed to rising investment in the smart city, and emerging technologies such as IoT, big data, and others.
List of Companies Covered:
• Toshiba Corp.
• Sony Corp.
• Samsung Electronics
• Osram Licht AG
• ROHM Co., Ltd.
• Sharp Corp.
• Avago Technologies
Browse the full report at https://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/optoelectronics-market
The Global Optoelectronics Market is Segmented into:
By Product Type Segment (2017–2027; US$ Bn)
By End-use Industry Segment (2017–2027; US$ Bn)
By Geography Segment (2017–2027; US$ Bn)
*Complete segmentation list is on the report page
Key questions answered in this report
- What are the current market trends and dynamics in the optoelectronics research market and valuable opportunities for emerging players?
- Estimated forecast and market projections up to 2029
- Which segment accounts for the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which is the largest regional market for optoelectronics research?
- What is the market trend and dynamics in emerging markets such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa?
- The worldwide market value of the optoelectronics research market in 2019 and 2020
- Which are the key trends driving the global optoelectronics research market growth?
- Who are the leading service providers in the optoelectronics research market worldwide?
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is a worldwide market research and counseling firm that serves driving organizations, governments, non-legislative associations, and not-for-benefits. We offer our customers some assistance with making enduring enhancements to their execution and understand their most imperative objectives.